The Counselling Unit offers a friendly and professional service in helping students enhance their personal development, adapt to university life, and manage their learning and academic life. The Unit also provides a safe, confidential environment and support for students to discuss the challenges and issues they may be experiencing.
- Provide services for students to improve their personal development.
- Provide academic guidance.
- Assist and guide students with personal problems, academic and discipline related matters.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Organise individual or group counselling sessions
- Provide learning support such as individual counselling, seminars and workshops covering learning skills, preparation for examination and time management skills.
- Assist academic office with absenteeism
- Plan and deliver relevant development courses for students and student leaders
Norsadiah binti Matarsad
9:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m
2462000 ext 314
Ali Yusri bin Abdul Ghafor
UNISSA Peer Counselling – Rakan U.M.A.T
- Trained students or Peer Counselors who are trained in the field of counseling and communication to guide and mentor their peers, especially those who need help.
- Serve as informal channel for student to talk with
- Liaise with UNISSA Counseling Unit