On 29th April 2017, the Halalan Thayyiban Research Centre was officially set up in an effort to materialise the titah of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah Ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar ‘Ali Saifuddien Sa’adul Khairi Waddien, Sultan Dan Yang Di-Pertuan Negara Brunei Darussalam during the 6th Hafl al-Takharruj 2016 Ceremony, UNISSA. Halalan Thayyiban Research Centre was inaugurated on the 7 th Mahrajan Hafl al-Takharruj 2017 at the International Convention Centre, Berakas, Brunei Darussalam by His Royal Highness, Crown Prince (Dr) Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah Ibni His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, Senior Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office and Pro-Chancellor of UNISSA. The establishment of this Centre has become a place for research, teaching and provide professional services to uphold the sanctity of the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam by generating knowledgeable academicians and students also in support of making Brunei as one of the ‘Global Halal Hub’ that will advance the nation’s economic development and help to accomplish the Vision 2035 of Brunei Darussalam.
- To offer the academic programme in the field of halalan thayyiban which is systematic and effective in ensuring that research as well as a comprehensive and credible education is generated.
- To conduct comprehensive academic research relating to halalan thayyiban and systematically examine issues related to halalan thayyiban from time to time in order to protect the sanctity of Islam.
- To provide consultation and professional services and authentication in the laboratory for products in both the national and international markets in determining that these products are indeed in accordance with the standards of halalan thayyiban or otherwise.
- To maintain and uphold the sanctity of halalan thayyiban as a way of life and practice through teaching, research, professional services and training based on knowledge, faith, good deed, piety and morality in line with the teachings of Ahli Sunnah Wal Jama‘ah of Mazhab Shafi‘i.
- To produce experts in the field of halalan thayyiban who are able to clarify and provide solution to the confusion/problem in the society, primarily in Brunei Darussalam and regional countries, and finally uphold the sanctity of the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam