General Entry Requirements
BACHELOR DEGREE AND HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission to the programmes offered. To be considered for admission, applicants must satisfy the general entry requirements and specific entry requirements as set for each programme.
Applicants must note that fulfilling the general entry requirements and specific entry requirements does not guarantee entry into UNISSA’s programmes
as admission to all programmes is competitive and limited subject to availability of spaces.
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali reserves the right to reject applications which are incomplete, received after the closing date or containing false information.
- Only shortlisted / successful candidates will be
- Only qualifications from a University / Institution / Examination Board recognised by the University Senate will be
- For entry to first degree programmes only Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Ugama Brunei (STPUB) and Brunei-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level qualifications or equivalent qualifications obtained in not more than 3 sittings and not exceeding three (3) years of last examination will be
- Applicants with other equivalent qualification such as Higher National Diploma (HND) may be considered subject to fulfilling the entry requirement set by the programme they have applied
- General Paper and English as a Second Language will not be considered as Advanced Level
- The London GCE ‘O’ Level Malay will not be considered.
- Applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirements may be considered for admission to first degree programmes as mature applicants subject to the requirements set by the University as set out
- Applicants must satisfy other requirements as set by faculties in Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali from time to
- Required to go through prescribed medical fitness examination and must be certified as fit to join the
- If deemed necessary, applicants may also be required to attend an interview conducted by the relevant
- Points will be allocated to ‘A’ Level grades according to the following scheme, which is based on that used by the University Colleges Admission Services (UCAS), United Kingdom. Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level qualifications are not awarded points in the UNISSA scheme and are not taken into account when determining acceptable qualifications for entry to
- For English Medium programmes, applicants must have at least a credit 6 in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a grade ‘C’ in IGCSE English (as a Second Language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum overall score of 550.
- Passed Primary School Religious Certificate (Sijil Sekolah-Sekolah Rendah Ugama Brunei) examination or its equivalent including Penilaian Sekolah Rendah Certificate examination for applicants from Institut Tahfiz al-Qur’an Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah (ITQSHHB) and Arabic Schools, or equivalent qualifications recognised by University
- Pass al-Qur’an al-Karim recitation test conducted by the
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
Bachelor of Usuluddin
Four (4) years
Bachelor of Shariah (Fiqh & Judiciary)
Bachelor of Shariah (Fiqh & Usul)
Bachelor of Arabic Language & Translation
Bachelor of Islamic History & Civilisation
Bachelor of Tahfiz & Qira’at
Bachelor of Science in Islamic Finance
Bachelor of Business Management
Bachelor of Laws & Bachelor of Shariah Law
Five (5) years [Full Time]
Bachelor of Halal Science
Five (4) years [Full Time]
Higher National Diploma in Shariah Criminal Justice System
Malay / English
Five (2) years [Full Time]