The Faculty of Usuluddin aims to produce scholars who instil the core values of the discipline of Islamic knowledge, within the expertise in the field of Tafsir, Hadith, Aqidah, Da’wah and Qira’at.
- Protection of Islamic faith and its sources and to defend it against devotional trends and inclinations.
- Preserving Islamic heritage and working for its propagation in and outside Brunei.
- Producing open-minded intelligent and able specialists in disciplines of Usuluddin combining traditional and modern knowledge equipped with ICT who can defend Islamic values and against destructively ideas with proofs and arguments and opposing all alien views.
- Striving for increasing the number of scholars (Ulama’) combining knowledge (‘ilm) with action (‘amal) and faith (al-‘aqidah) with practice in Brunei society in particular and other Islamic societies in general.
- Producing Muslim Preachers having understanding of the Qur’an and Sunnah of the Prophet and are knowledgeable in contemporary sciences and varying resources.