(FOA) The Agriculture Bridging Programme (AgriBridge)
Name: (FOA) The Agriculture Bridging Programme (AgriBridge)
The Agriculture Bridging Programme, also known as the AgriBridge, is introduced by the Faculty of Agriculture and first launched in August 2022 with the aim to provide an alternative pathway into Faculty of Agriculture’s Bachelor degrees programmes in Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA) to those who have not quite met the entry requirements of the Faculty.
It is a one semester full-time programme which will not only prepare you for the qualification needed to enter the faculty, but also for student life in a university setting. You will find the programme highly engaging and gain a solid grounding in fundamental agricultural science and business. Thus, we believe that this programme serves as an excellent preparation for further study in the Faculty's Bachelor degree programmes.
Successful completion of the AgriBridge programme, and subject to fulfilling the requirements of faculty, enables you to apply for admission to Faculty of Agriculture’s Bachelor degrees programmes - Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Agribusiness) and Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Agrotechnology).
List of Modules
In AgriBridge, you are required to take all six modules of 21 modular credits.
|Science of Agriculture||4|
|GB003||Foundation of Business||
|GB004||Academic Numeracy & IT Skills||
This programme is offered to local and permanent resident only. Applicants must possess the minimum qualifications in order to satisfy the general requirements for admission:
Minimum Qualifications (either one of the following)
At least 120 points in TWO (2) subjects with a minimum grade of D. The subjects should include ‘Biology’, ‘Mathematics’, ‘Physics’ and as appropriate; OR
‘Jayyid’ with a grade of ‘D’ in at least One (1) Science subject (Chemistry, Biology, Physics) at ‘O’ Level; OR
At least 22 points including a minimum of 4, 4, 3 in relevant
higher level subjects. Subjects related to ‘Biology’, ‘Chemistry’, ‘Mathematics’, ‘Physics’ and the like; OR
Diploma and equivalent
Diploma qualification i.e., Higher National Diploma (HND)/Foundation Degree/Advanced Diploma or equivalent from an institution recognized by the University Senate that has obtained at least a pass in five (5) subjects related to the degree program applied for.
Related subjects include ‘Biology’, ‘Chemistry’, ‘Mathematics’, ‘Physics’ and as appropriate.
Minimum English Requirement (either one of the following)
GCE ‘O’ Level
|IGCSE ‘O’ Level||
Minimum Mathematics Requirement
GCE ‘O’ Level
|IGCSE ‘O’ Level||
Applicants who do not meet Mathematics Requirements may apply for UNISSA MPT (Mathematics Placement Test)
BND 2,000 (excluding Registration and Administration Fee)
How to Apply
Please apply and submit via online through UNISSA Online Application (https://unissa.edu.bn/application/agribridge-form/).
August intake 2023: 1st March 2023.
BACHELOR DEGREE AND HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission to the programmes offered. To be considered for admission, applicants must satisfy the general entry requirements and specific entry requirements as set for each programme.
Applicants must note that fulfilling the general entry requirements and specific entry requirements does not guarantee entry into UNISSA’s programmes as admission to all programmes is competitive and limited subject to availability of spaces.
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali reserves the right to reject applications which are incomplete, received after the closing date or containing false information.
- Only shortlisted / successful candidates will be contacted.
- Only qualifications from a University / Institution / Examination Board recognised by the University Senate will be considered.
- For entry to first degree programmes only Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Ugama Brunei (STPUB) and Brunei-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level qualifications or equivalent qualifications obtained in not more than 3 sittingswill be considered.
- Applicants with other equivalent qualification such as Higher National Diploma (HND) may be considered subject to fulfilling the entry requirement set by the programme they have applied for.
- General Paper and English as a Second Language will not be considered as Advanced Level subjects.
- The London GCE ‘O’ Level Malay will not be considered.
- Applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirements may be consideredfor admission to first degree programmes as mature applicants subject to the requirements set by the University as set out below.
- Applicants must satisfy other requirements as set by faculties in Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali from time to time.
- Required to go through prescribed medical fitness examination and must be certified as fit to join the programme.
- If deemed necessary, applicants may also be required to attend an interview conducted by the relevant faculty.
- Points will be allocated to ‘A’ Level grades according to the following scheme, which is based on that used by the University Colleges Admission Services (UCAS), United Kingdom. Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level qualifications are not awarded points in the UNISSA scheme and are not taken into account when determining acceptable qualifications for entry to UNISSA.
- For English Medium programmes, applicants must have at least a credit 6in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a grade ‘C’ in IGCSE English (as a Second Language) or an IELTS score of 0 or a TOEFL minimum overall score of 550.
- Passed Primary School Religious Certificate (Sijil Sekolah-Sekolah Rendah Ugama Brunei) examination or its equivalent including Penilaian Sekolah Rendah Certificate examination for applicants from Institut Tahfiz al-Qur’an Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah (ITQSHHB) and Arabic Schools, or equivalent qualifications recognised by University Senate.
- Pass al-Qur’an al-Karim recitation test conducted by the University.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
Bachelor of Usuluddin
Four (4) years
Bachelor of Shariah (Fiqh & Judiciary)
Bachelor of Shariah (Fiqh & Usul)
Bachelor of Arabic Language & Translation
Bachelor of Islamic History & Civilisation
Bachelor of Tahfiz & Qira’at
Bachelor of Science in Islamic Finance
Bachelor of Business Management
Bachelor of Laws & Bachelor of Shariah Law
Five (5) years [Full Time]
Bachelor of Halal Science
Five (4) years [Full Time]
Higher National Diploma in Shariah Criminal Justice System
Malay / English
Five (2) years [Full Time]
Duration of Study
Yuran Pengajian setiap Program
Tuition Fees per programme
Barnamij al- Tarqiyah / Upgrading Programme
1 tahun / year
Sijil Sistem Keadilan Jenayah Syaria
Certificate of Shariah Criminal Justice System
1 tahun / year
Diploma Tertinggi Kebangsaan
Higher National Diploma
2 tahun / years
4 tahun / years
Sarjana Muda Undang-Undang dan Perundangan Syariah
Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Shariah Law
5 tahun / years