The centre was established in 2007 under the name: “Centre for Postgraduate Studies and Research”. In 2015, research was separated and a Centre for Research and Publication was established. The Centre for Postgraduate Studies was dedicated to postgraduate affairs. In 2019, the centre was rebranded under the name: “Centre for Graduate Studies” (CGS). This was an attempt to put the centre on the way to achieving excellence and becoming a world-class centre.
- To provide a wide range of graduate programmes from graduate diploma and master degrees to doctor philosophy.
- To plan and coordinate all matters of students’ admissions and to monitor the record progress of all graduate students.
- To plan and initiate academic activities in order to upgrade the quality of the programmes in UNISSA such as facilitating collaborative efforts between higher institutions in Brunei and others internationally.
- To contribute towards the enhancement of knowledge by integrating Islamic knowledge and values with acquired knowledge of pure science and human sciences.
- To promote interdisciplinary research among graduate students in the area of Islamic Studies and other relevant disciplines.